About Flower Essences
What are they?
Simply put, flower essences are the living electrical patterns of flowers that are imprinted and preserved into a pure water/alcohol solution.
They are not medicinal plant extraction tinctures. Nor are they essential oils, or fragrances.
They are a vibrational modality (similar to homeopathy) that works on an energetic and spiritual level.
A flower essence contains virtually no plant matter.
What do they do?
The moment a flower essence is taken internally or smoothed onto the skin, it floods your entire body and being with it’s vibrational information: the balancing and healing electrical patterns of the plant.
What happens next?
Commonly, sensitive folks feel energy moving in/thru/around their body. They may feel lighter, brighter, and often times as though a ‘weight’ has been lifted. The body may also experience a physical release of tension. You do not have to be ‘sensitive’ to feel the benefit.
Over time, what is ‘stuck’ on an emotional level can shift. New insights, from the spirit level information of the plant, can begin to arise in the consciousness, and shift stuck patterns of conceptualizing.
With continued interaction with a flower essence, a person can be supported and ushered into their next step in wellbeing and balance.
Not every flower essence is needed for every person. The right essence at the right time makes a difference. For this reason, it’s useful to consult with a Flower Essence Practitioner when seeking support through them.
Why does this help/work?
My understanding is that flower essences provide what is missing vibrationally in our energy field for our personal evolution. They give the spirit level info we need that we sometimes have a hard time grasping, conceptualizing, or even knowing is possible on our own.
And, they provide energetics for the human bioelectric field that support previously broken or missing frequencies. As a result, energetic pathways that were previously not connected, or flowing, can do so.
Flower Essences as a Modality.
Flower Essences are complimentary to other protocols of healing and therapies.
They don’t interfere with other treatments, and do not treat or cure medical conditions.
They do not have contraindications for use. The only excepting situation I’ve seen of this is in the occasional person with bipolar or intense depression; their sensitivity to fluctuating electrical states in these situations just means that the guidance of a good flower essence practitioner is useful.
There is virtually no plant matter or chemical constituents from the plant found in a properly made flower essence, and so they are unlikely to cause an adverse effect.
How do you know what plants to use?
I am not aware of many Louisiana Natives being made into flower essences, and there isn’t a public materia medica I’ve found yet of what energetic support they are for. ( This is one goal of the project. ) Therefore, this Project is a discovery one. As a precaution, only non-toxic plants will be used.
How can you tell what a particular flower essence does if its never been documented before?
This is the result of several things that come together – over time – to form a whole picture of the plant:
- Observation of interacting with the plant during essencing
- Sampling it on myself and observing reactions in me
- Then, a group of healthy volunteers who are familiar with Essences will be using them for a period of time and recording their personal observations of how the essence impacts them. This data is gathered, pooled, and common themes emerge.
Then, combine this with:
- observation of the plant and how it lives: its life cycle, where it lives, what is its ecological community interaction
- understanding the folk actions, legends, myths of the plant
- understanding it’s phytochemicals
- any communication with the deva of the plant
How are they made?
I use a process adapted from Perelandra Center for Nature Research. To learn more, read the books they provide.
Why do you think plants have vibrational information?
Short answer? Because they have chemical/hormone processes, movement within/without, and interact with the environment and other species, all of which generates an electrical field and communicates. Kinda like other sentient beings 😉 .
To learn more about the sentience of plants explore these:
* Cleve Baxter, who proved that plants have emotions.
* Peter Wohllben, who proved that trees have intelligence and relationships
*Robin Wall Kimmerer, who combines scientific understanding of plants with indigenous understanding of spirit
* …OR, try finding out for yourself: The next time you have to transplant a potted plant, connect with it, tell it that in 24 hours you are transplanting it, and it needs to pull it’s roots in and get ready to make the transition. Then follow up as mentioned. See what happens.
Working co creatively with nature is a deeply rewarding process that I treasure, and brings me happiness like no other process.
And, it’s something our world needs more of, frankly.
What is Flower Essence Therapy?
Flower Essence Therapy is a modality that was developed in the 1930’s by the Welch Physician and Homeopath Dr. Edward Bach.
In a nugget, he discovered that flower essences shift emotional and spiritual states, which could lead to physical and mental/conceptual shifts over time.
Prior to this, for centuries, plant waters for emotional and spiritual healing were found in traditions across the globe. Add to this a few modern day insights about water…
- …Masaru Emoto and his water crystal studies revealed that ‘intent’ shifts water crystalline structure. The direct implication of which is how thoughts and feelings affect physical reality.
- … And the work of Dr. Hew Len (a lineage carrier of Ho’oponopono) through his recommendation of drinking blue solar water. He teaches the vibration of the blue solar water made at home can clear negativity, bring in divine love/forgiveness to your heart, and clear ancestral patterns of pain.
…and we see that these are different ways of coming to the same conclusion: water carries the information it’s given, and it can influence the water in you.
And don’t forget the early years of Findhorn, in Scotland, where it became obvious that Nature was ready for the humans to listen.
This idea isn’t a new one. Louisiana is known as a hunter’s paradise, a migratory bird refuge, and a beautifully diverse habitat range with many native plants. I’m inspired to give it a go for this region.
Learn how you can be a part of this Project.
All photos, illustrations, and writing are copyright 2018 Megan Assaf
A Louisiana Flower Essence Project and it’s materials are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider.